The unit is composed of UMA researchers who are dedicated full or part-time to research in bioinformatics, including but not limited to biomedical applications.
- Provide access to IBIMA’s high performance computing resources.
- Advise on the use of high performance resources from design methodology, implementation thereof and analysis of results.
- Provide training and outreach seminars in bioinformatics.
- Develop specific applications to address specific problems posed by IBIMA and external researchers.
Management and Data Integration comprising the following procedures
- Management of Data Repositories. Design, refactoring and managing Databases.
- Data publication (relational, CSV) in standard formats and linked to Public BD reference.
- Data Integration.
- Clinical Data integration.
- Integration of Clinical Data with public baseline Data on association networks between genes, diseases, symptoms and drugs.
- Interoperability of health IS based on the OpenEHR, CEN 13606, HL7 standards.
- Prediction and modeling of networks and systems of molecular interactions: genes, proteins and drugs.
Data analysis comprising the following procedures
- Advanced analysis of clinical data using data mining techniques
- Advanced patient clustering
- Association rules between data of patients and their diseases or syndromes.
- Detection and prediction of events (eg detection of adverse events in hospital treatments).
- Gene expression analysis.
- Analysis of scientific texts (for biomedical research) and automatic extraction of information from scientific texts.
- Automatic annotation of medical records.
- Notes regarding medical terminologies with domain ontologies, ICD-10 and SNOMED can be made.
- Information can be added regarding public baseline data on association networks between genes, diseases, symptoms and drugs.
- Data on NGS scoring can be included (for personalized medicine) using existing tools (Annovar, GATK).
- Exploitation of partnership networks in the prediction of new molecular targets and disease associations.
Clinical Information Systems comprising the following procedures
- Development of bioinformatics tools via the web.
- Design of information systems in the clinical setting.
- José Aldana Montes
- Jose Manuel Jerez Aragonés
- Juan Antonio García Ranea
- M. Gonzalo Claros Díaz