THE ANDALUSIAN PUBLIC FOUNDATION FOR RESEARCH IN BIOMEDICINE AND HEALTH (FIMABIS) REQUIRES HIRING A PROFESSIONAL WITH THE FOLLOWING PROFILE: POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER
- Project: BRCA2MEN, CAPTURE, CRIS-FOUNDATION
- Principal Investigator: Elena Castro. IBIMA / IBIMA GROUP B-11 (IBIMA-CNIO Genitourinary Tumors Unit)
- Place of realization: The functions may take place in the two locations where group activities are carried out, at IBIMA (Malaga) and at CNIO (Madrid) according to the profile and availability of the selected candidate or the needs of the group.
We are the Translational Research Group in Genitourinary Oncology led by Dr. Elena Castro located at IBIMA (Málaga). Together with the Prostate Cancer Unit at CNIO (led by Dr. David Olmos) we work as a multidisciplinary team under the joint CNIO-IBIMA Genito-Urinary Cancer Clinical Unit in a wide spectrum of projects.
We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral researcher to join our lab. Our group have pioneered the establishment of BRCA2 alterations as the first inherited genetic prognostic marker in prostate cancer patients and we look for a candidate with molecular biology and pathology skills to work on projects aimed to study new therapeutics targets and new prognostic and predictive markers in prostate cancer using in vitro and in vivo models as well as human samples.
Ideal candidates should have previous experience in prostate cancer research, prostate cancer mouse models including xenografts, and gene-editing or silencing techniques. We expect strong analytical skills, creativity, curiosity, enthusiasm, and ability to work in a team.
- To participate in the planning, processing, analysis and interpretation of in vitro and in vivo experiments for the ongoing projects in Elena Castro and David Olmos labs
- To perform experiments for the ongoing projects in Elena Castro and David Olmos labs
- To write, review, present and/or publish research abstracts for scienmtific meeting or manuscripts for peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Degree in Biology
- PhD in Molecular/Translational Oncology
1. Experience in:
- Cell culture (6-12 meses (m): 0,1 points (p); >12-24 m: 0,3 p; >24 m: 0,5 p)
- CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing (6-12 m: 0,1 p; >12-24 m: 0,3 p; >24 m: 0,5 p)
- Lentiviral Vector for shRNA gene silencing (6-12 m: 0,1 p; >12-24 m: 0,3 p; >24 m: 0,5 p)
- Genetically engineered mouse models of Prostate Cancer (6-12 m: 0,1 p; >12-24 m: 0,3 p; >24 m: 0,5 p)
2. Accredited knowledge in:
- DNA repair pathways (Courses: 0,1 p. up to 0,2 p, PhD in the field 1 p)
- Prostate Cancer (Courses: 0,1 p. up to 0,2 p, PhD in the field 1 p)
- Animal experimentation (FELASA accreditation A: 0,1 p, B: 0,3 p, C: 0,5p, D: 1p)
- Peer Reviewed publications (first quartile (1Q): relevant author 0,5, other author 0,2; other publications 0,05, max. 1 p)
- Honours qualification at the PhD (0,2 p)
- Co-investigator in competitive funded projects (0,1 per project, maximun 0.4 p)
- Individual fellowships or awards from their research (0,2 p each, max. 0,4 p)
- Ability to report results in a clear and summarized manner.
- Ability to work independently and within a collaborative research team.
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Contracting modality: Work contract to carry out a specific scientific and technical research project
- Location: GRUPO IBIMA B-11 (Translational Research Group in Genitourinary Oncology) and CNIO (Prostate Cancer Clinical Research Unit)
- Annual gross remuneration: 24.390€ Fixed + 2710€ Variable according to experience and curricular background
- Day: Full (35 hours)
- Duration: 6 months extendable (3-month trial period)
- Category: Post-doctoral investigator
Supporting documentation to accredit the requirements above by certification of courses or Responsible Declaration.
3. Academic track:
Supporting documentation to accredit the requirements above by CV
Following the evaluation of the merits of all applicants based on their CVs highest ranked applicants will be called for a personal interview to evaluate more precisely their aptitude, so the following will be evaluated:
The personal interview would be conducted in English and Spanish counts up to a maximum of 3 points.
Note: the assessable merits must be accredited in the CV through specific training, technical experience through participation in projects and publications with a specific description of the tasks carried out by the candidate. They will be accredited by certification by the competent Body or Responsible Declaration.
Presentation of candidatures
Applications can be submitted by e-mail: (indicate in the subject REF:BR2MNPDOC0806) to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receiving applications will end on the June 15, 2021 at 15h.
Based on the points obtained in the evaluation of merits, at least the three best candidates will be selected to carry out a personal interview in which the communication skills, aptitude for the job and skills exposed in the documentation provided will be assessed. with a maximum of 3 points. Only those candidates who obtain at least 50% of the points of the assessable merits will be eligible for the interview phase.
After resolution of the position and in the event that the selected candidate renounces the contract, the hiring table may decide to decide in favor of the next candidate according to the published list of scores.