Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a highly versatile technique that can provide not only excellent morphological data but also functional and physiological information as well. Furthermore, important recent advances in the development of highly sensitive contrast agents using nanotechnology have brought MRI into the molecular imaging arena. Thus, small animal MRI scanners have become a key tool in the development of magnetic nanoparticles for medical diagnosis and therapy.
- Bruker BioSpec 9.4T/20 animal MRI system
- Magnetic field strength of 9.4T
- 20 cm bore diameter, suitable for mice and rats
- Automated positioning system (AutoPac™)
- Highperformance actively shielded gradient system (400 mT m1) with integrated shims
- RF coils for rats and mice
- Anatomical Studies: tumors, inflammation, degenerative diseases, etc.
- Functional Studies<: brain perfusion, vascular permeability, in vivo metabolic profiling, cardiac imaging, etc.
- Pharmacodynamics and Biodistribution of magnetic Contrast Agents (or any drug magnetically labeled)
- Monitoring of Drug Delivery and Targeting.
- Follow-up of Therapy Response
- Experimental design advice and project plan consulting.
- Morphological imaging: T1-weighted, T2-weighted, PD, diffusion-weighted, etc.
- T1 and T2 Dynamic Imaging.
- Diffusion Imaging: ADC, DTI.
- Phantom-based relaxivity measurements.
- Cardiac Imaging.
- Single Voxel Spectroscopy.
- Image processing, analysis, and quantification.
- Close integration with other BIONAND units for associated animal handling and histology services.